2012 m. spalio 27 d., šeštadienis

Americans


On Friday I met one American guy, named Landon Bevier doing research about what people thinks about United stades. What a disaster and stereotypical American he was. I wrote when I’m coming to meeting point and saw that he read my message. I waited almost half and hour and came home. Later got his message that he’s up for meeting. I wrote which station he should come to and that I will wait for him. Again – half and hour later and quite bad later. He even didn’t paid for my drink, thought he invited me and said he’s in hurry to talk with girlfriend. I sincerely doubt that anyone would date such a disaster. I just got cold and wasted my time on him. But probably he just lack social skills or didn’t like my answers.

But somehow I never met American with whom it would be interesting to talk with and I met a lot. Most of them were just plain dumb and self absorber – speaking only one language and thinking about themselves as most important persons in the world. Or electing Barrack Obama just because he’s black. Or giving Michael Jackson lifetime achievement award just because he died that year while he stopped being big years ago before that. They also gave award for John Cash because he died although he sucked big time.

I actually try to be very politically correct and sometimes lie instead of saying what i'm thinking and don't believe in stereotypes, but somehow it's the only nationality about which all stereotypes proved to be truth in my experience. I'm not saying i didn't met any cool americans ( i did, all of them are living abroad, few i call friends). But cultural differences are way to much for me to handle and i usually feel uneasy around self absorbed people.